Coronavirus

Home to our madcap crew of digital buccaneers
Check in here for chat, games and entertainment
arboggs

Re: Coronavirus

Post by arboggs »

Was able to get the new booster on Saturday morning. (I've had Moderna for every shot.) Can report that it made me very, very tired about an hour after the shot and all through Sunday. Various body aches, too, but it was mostly tiredness and being unable to concentrate. And, of course, my arm felt like I'd smacked it into something but that usually happens with shots. I basically sat on the couch all weekend. Doing much better today. :D

My brother's coworker tried to go back to work the day after his booster and fell asleep on the forklift (everything's fine, they sent him home for the rest of the day) so I'd just warn anyone to not make plans for the day after your booster shot.

If you're in the U.S., the government vaccine website will tell you which places have which shots and who has walk-ins or appointments available. I was able to just walk in to the pharmacy in my local grocery store like I did for the last booster.
Michael

Post by Michael »

My fourth shot really set me back. I'm glad you're back in the land of the functioning. :D
Randi

Post by Randi »

I had Pfizer for the initial two shots and for the original two boosters.
I did not have any significant reaction to any of them.

The two things I was told were: try to keep your arm relaxed for the shot and drink plenty of water afterwards.
Hanibal94

Post by Hanibal94 »

I finally tested negative yesterday! Sure took long enough.
It felt pretty awful, but at least I will have increased immunity for a while. Definitely gonna get another booster (4th shot total for me) as soon as I can.
studentforever

Post by studentforever »

Had my 5th covid shot yesterday new moderna, previously 2 Pfizer and 2 moderna. Bit tired last night and had a brief episode of sweating but OK so far today. Arm a bit tender but no real problems.
Randi

Post by Randi »

Glad to hear you are finally feeling better Chris.

I just got a message that I can sign up for my third booster (with omicron protection).
Michael

Post by Michael »

Chris, I'm glad to hear you're better, too. We're just waiting to hear about our next booster. It should be soon.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Glad everyone is doing well. Keep washing your hands!
ggordon

Post by ggordon »

I just got my 5th yesterday and it has gone quite different from all the previous ones. For all of the others, I felt a bit funny for an hour afterward and that was it.

This time I didn't even feel the needle, no sore arm; just a bit weak and tired. I was starting to wonder whether I really got the shot. Then it hit. About 8 hours later my arm started hurting and I felt awful. I still feel awful today, brain in a fog, and my arm is still hurting. To make it even worse, the wind has changed direction and smoke is pouring into the valley again from the brush fires, giving me breathing problems.
Michael

Post by Michael »

My fourth shot was like that. It lasted 24 hours, than everything felt completely normal. I guess I'll see what number five is like, one of these days...
leelaht

Post by leelaht »

Got my booster yesterday, went with Pfizer this time round since Moderna booster I had before had me at half-speed for a day. Arm not as sore as I remember previous, and I have been a bit drowsy, but the brainfog and slow moving didn't happen.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I am encouraged by all of your quick recoveries. I got the new Omicron targeted booster Tuesday afternoon, Yesterday I was pretty much useless, today I am trying to decide if I am going to do anything productive. A strong cup of tea and maybe I will start something.
Randi

Post by Randi »

I just got back from the pharmacy after getting my third booster.
So far, so good ;)
Michael

Post by Michael »

:) :) :)
Randi

Post by Randi »

My arm is a little sore at the injection site, but that is the only reaction I have had so far....
Randi

Post by Randi »

Still a little sore at the injection site, but OK otherwise.
Michael

Post by Michael »

:) :) :)
jil

Post by jil »

Had my autumn booster this morning - Pfizer covalent. So I've had a hat trick of vaccines - Astra Zeneca for the original doses and Moderna for the first booster. No reaction so far, but it has only been a couple of hours.
Randi

Post by Randi »

My arm is still a bit sore where I got the shot, but that's all.

That's the only reaction I have had to any of them.
Randi

Post by Randi »

Return to “Dockside Cafe”