Event Input Wizard — Problem with using the Enter key in text field

Find help, ask questions, and give feedback
Randi

Event Input Wizard — Problem with using the Enter key in text field

Post by Randi »

Michael has just requested that we do not use Enter to start a new line when entering event text with the Event Input Wizard. It causes problems when he processes the data. Just let the text wrap.

Wrong:
Ko Shima Light bearing 297 t
9:35pm Anori Saki Light bearing 331 t
9:45pm Anori Saki Light on starb'd beam distance 12 miles
cc 229 t

Correct:
Ko Shima Light bearing 297 t 9:35pm Anori Saki Light bearing 331 t 9:45pm Anori Saki Light on starb'd beam distance 12 miles cc 229 t

Note: There is no need to go back and correct any event data already entered with line breaks. Michael has a script to remove them.

In some of my examples (and in my own transcribing) I have used Enter. I will work on updating the examples.
pommystuart

Re: Event Input Wizard — Problem with using the Enter key in text field

Post by pommystuart »

I have been using Shift enter to add extra lines to an already entered event. Sometimes extra data is shown further down the log and needs to be added to the time frame. :oops:
Randi

Re: Event Input Wizard — Problem with using the Enter key in text field

Post by Randi »

Two separate entries for the same hour will be stored in the same cell when Michael process the data.

It is handy to be able to enter several Sailing Info events (or other types of events) for the same hour together, but the result is the same if you enter each event separately.

Return to “Help”