jil

Re: Chat

Post by jil »

Happy Christmas, everyone!
Randi

Post by Randi »

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient observation than to any other reason.
-Isaac Newton, physicist, mathematician, and philosopher (25 Dec 1642-1727)
Maikel

Post by Maikel »

Randi wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:27 pm Great card, Maikel!
Thanks, Randi. :D
Caro

Post by Caro »

Happy Boxing Day to all who celebrate. ;) :D
arboggs

Post by arboggs »

:lol: Lol, I guess they didn't think about the logistics, eh Stuart? (There is a Cava near my house but I've never been. I wonder if this is that one.)

By the way, Stu, I ended up getting Founder's KBS for my brother's birthday and my mom got him Dragon's Milk Oatmeal Cookie Stout for Christmas so I'll let you know what he thinks (and I'll sneak a sip of them, too ;) ). It's getting unseasonably warm here again, though, so he declared he's saving the "good stouts" for when it gets colder next month.

I hope Christmas and Boxing Day are going well for everyone who celebrates. We're dealing with a plumbing leak in my shower so now there's a big hole in the living room ceiling but I REFUSE to let it bring down the holiday spirit! We've got tools, my brother works at a Lowe's, we'll make this work. Anyway, after taking over the sacred duty of baking the Christmas morning sticky buns three years ago I FINALLY perfected the recipe, so nothing can defeat me! :D

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Michael

Post by Michael »

Christmas morning sticky buns sounds wonderful! When I was growing up, my dad used to make breakfast on Christmas morning:
  • Poached kippers;
  • Fried Blood sausage;
  • Fried tomatoes
Somewhere through the years, the tradition died. No-one seems interested in reviving it. :lol: :lol: :lol: Sticky buns sounds like it might be a viable alternative. :D :D :D :D

Good luck with the shower!
arboggs

Post by arboggs »

I grew up in the Ocean State and yet I cannot get behind the idea of fish first thing in the morning :lol: I do like a fried tomato, tho
Randi

Post by Randi »

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
I don't want to be a great leader; I want to be a man who goes around with a little oil can and when he sees a breakdown, offers his help. To me, the man who does that is greater than any holy man in saffron-colored robes. The mechanic with the oilcan: that is my ideal in life.
-Baba Amte, social worker and activist (26 Dec 1914-2008)
ggordon

Post by ggordon »

Dragon's Milk is one of my favorites, but have not seen the oatmeal cookie version. I celebrated Christmas Eve with a Fremont special winter stout, Spice Wars Barrel Aged Dark Star, that contained nutmeg, cassia chips, vanilla bean, ginger, and cloves.
pommystuart

Post by pommystuart »

Very creating card Maikel. Thanks.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Christmas is over here, now, as well. Family left and the house is more quiet than it was before. Nice to see the lovely "cards" for OW. Happy New Years to come. Morgan.
pommystuart

Post by pommystuart »

Greetings and Salutations

I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to my friends and colleagues, but it is difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone.

So I met with my lawyer today, and on her advice I wish to say the following : Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive, gender neutral celebration of the summer solstice holiday practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the Religious / secular persuasions and / or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2024, but not without due respect for the calendar of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great ( not to imply that Australia is necessarily greater than any other country ) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms : This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her / him or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

The wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

E&OE

Best Regards ( without prejudice )

Name withheld ( Privacy Act ).

:kangaroo: :kangaroo: :lol: :lol:
Randi

Post by Randi »

I protest!

You are discriminating against those of us who are celebrating an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive, gender neutral winter solstice holiday!
pommystuart

Post by pommystuart »

Oh, Drat, I will have to go back to see the lawyer about that change in the wording.

:D :D :D
:kangaroo:
Michael

Post by Michael »

:D :D :D :D :D
jil

Post by jil »

You're not going to have a fiscally successful year if you keep going back to the lawyer. (No offense implied to the members of that excellent and much respected profession)
Michael

Post by Michael »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pommystuart

Post by pommystuart »

:kangaroo:

Return to “Dockside Cafe”