Post by Randi »

Michael

Re: Inspirational/Good-feeling

Post by Michael »

:) :) :)
pommystuart

Post by pommystuart »

No use him growing them for the fleet as they would probably only throw them overboard. ;)
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Things I am thankful for:
Most mornings I am awaken by annoying little birds tweeting at my window. (Birds I particularly planted my garden to encourage and feed- right outside my window.) I am not awaken by gunfire or bombs or invaders banging on my door.
As I head to the kitchen, and pass the big window to the back garden, I often shooo the bird in the pond that eats my goldfish. The beautiful Great Blue Heron with majestic wings and graceful neck. I will have to buy some more goldfish for her to eat.
I have coffee for breakfast. I usually don't have more than that, because I have more than I need and watch my weight (a little.) I hope I have done my research enough to know my coffee was grown sustainably by people who are fairly paid for their work. I had opportunity and education to provide for my retirement abundantly.
I sit down with my coffee and computer, look at my email. Family is all well and little one thriving, I maybe got a silly picture from one of them. Then I look at Old Weather - to catch up on the world around me from different points of view.
I have lots for which to be thankful.
Thanks.
Randi

Post by Randi »

pommystuart wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:48 pm No use him growing them for the fleet as they would probably only throw them overboard. ;)
Well, things may be changing: Cutter Polar Star enjoys farm to galley produce, grown in the hangar

Morgan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:12 pm Things I am thankful for:
Well put!
pommystuart

Post by pommystuart »

Morgan, I agree with Randi, Well put. I hope it continues like that.

Randi, I am surprised they did not jump onto the idea a long time ago. The technology was there.

Fortunately the Merchant Navy ships I was on stopped frequently so we always had fresh F&V.
:kangaroo:
arboggs

Post by arboggs »

That's lovely, Morgan! You've inadvertently become the #1 bistro in the area for that heron, I guess. Happy to hear the little one is thriving.

I am thankful for the hour in the morning when the sun comes in the window and warms my feet under my desk. I am thankful that that if I knead some dough and then let it sit it will still rise, even if everything else is going wrong that day. I am thankful for all of the people that "live in my computer" and help me feel like less of a hermit from day to day. I am thankful for the tiny birds that frequent the bird feeder outside the window so regularly that I keep needing to top it off with seed.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

arboggs wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:48 pm I am thankful that that if I knead some dough and then let it sit it will still rise, even if everything else is going wrong that day.
Thanks for the inspiration. I got my covid booster yesterday and find myself sitting down every 5 feet. So much for the walk I planned for today. I will make bread instead!
arboggs

Post by arboggs »

Glad to inspire! If there's one good thing this pandemic gave me it's a newfound love of bread baking.
Michael

Post by Michael »

:) :) :)
Randi

Post by Randi »

Now if you could just email me your bread....
Randi

Post by Randi »

Return to “Dockside Cafe”