Storis (1950) -- Discussion: Questions, Comments and Coordination

Randi

Storis (1950) -- Discussion: Questions, Comments and Coordination

Post by Randi »

On the weather page, please enter: date, locations, distances, courses, and all the weather data in the columns outlined in red in the spreadsheet.
It is not necessary to record Sea Conditions or Swells from.
However, ice mentioned in the weather grid should be transcribed using the magenta Sea columns.

On the events page please enter: ice, location information, and sailing information.
Aurorae and volcanic activity should also be reported.
Other events are optional.

One person can do both weather and events (Stream 1), but the system also allows one person to do the weather page (Stream 1) and a second person to do the events page (Stream 3).
Unlike in OW3, where three transcriptions were required for each page, we are doing only one transcription per page.

Every transcriber needs to enter the date.
The date is used to organize the pages.
(If one transcriber does events and weather and they are in the same image, the date is only entered once.)

Ice hunting transcriptions were done for 1 January through 7 May, 1 July through 1 August, and 28 October through 7 December, so only the date and the weather need to be done now.
No transcriptions were done for 8 May through 30 June, 2 August through 27 October, and 8 to 31 December, so a full transcription is needed.

OW web site: Storis

Direct links:
Randi

Re: Storis (1950) -- Discussion: Questions, Comments and Coordination

Post by Randi »

Hanibal94 wrote:Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:10 pm I have noticed that Storis seems to spend winter in the Arctic and summer in the West Coast, unlike the Bear and Northland - Must be because she's a lot younger and thus more sturdily built.
Hanibal94 wrote:Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:06 pm May done. She went back to Seattle, and stayed there for the rest of the month.
One mildly amusing thing: The keeper sometimes wrote "Juneau, Alaska" for the location at the top of the page, out of habit. I always corrected this.
Hanibal94 wrote:Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:06 pm May done. She went back to Seattle, and stayed there for the rest of the month.
One mildly amusing thing: The keeper sometimes wrote "Juneau, Alaska" for the location at the top of the page, out of habit. I always corrected this.
Michael wrote:Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:54 pm One of the stops on one of their innumerable supply runs was Eldred Rock Light Station. I took these on a trip we made to Juneau on the catamaran.

Michael wrote:Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:52 pm Here's the supply run they made in which they stopped off Eldred Rock. It's the northern most point on this trip. An occasional course change. ;D

Randi

Re: Storis (1950) -- Discussion: Questions, Comments and Coordination

Post by Randi »

Michael wrote:Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:48 pm The voyage for 1950 has been calculated and you can see it here.

I have this voyage available as a KML file, which can be viewed with Google Earth. You can zoom in as much as you like, and read the notes about course changes, locations and etc.

If anyone is interested, I'll upload the file to a directory so you can download it.

Return to “Storis”